The Hong Kong Card allows you to enjoy the city's best restaurants without having to dig too deep in your pockets...
Pousada de São Tiago is an incredibly atmospheric boutique hotel, built amidst the ramparts of the ancient, 17th century Portuguese fort, at the southern tip of the Macau Peninsula.
The architects who planned this charming hotel did a great job, integrating the remains of the old fort into the hotel, and creating a characterfull inn.
Dining facilities include the lovely Outdoor Terrace along the outer stone walls of the fort, where you can enjoy a light meal, drink or just read a book in the sun, while admiring the great views over Macau's "inteior harbor" (it is particularly nice during sunset), and an exceptionally good restaurant (La Paloma), where you can enjoy some fabulous Spanish and Catalonian delicacies in an elegant environment that combines classic old-style decor, with modern motifs...
Recommended dishes include
- Crispy sardines with tomato and olive salad
- Crispy “Manchego” Cheese & “Ibérico” ham Salad
- Spinach salad with crispy bacon,Sundried Tomatoes and chopped hard boiled egg
- Ravioli of “langoustinos” prawns with truffle sauce
- “Casserole” of pigeon with rice & ceps flavored with rosemary
- Roasted loin of “Ibérico” pork with artichokes, plums & apricot
- Sautéed prawns with sauternes wine and garlic olive oil
Prices are slightly on the high side, but the dining experience is hands down fantastic, especially if you want to spend a romantic evening...
Open daily, till late
Avenida da Republica, Fortaleza de Sao Tiago da Barra, Macau Peninsula
Phone: 2837 8111